Wednesday 24 September 2014

my day off!

That's a term most of us in Singapore are familiar with! and that's what got me ticking this weekend!

I often think when was the last time I did something 'just' for myself' and not be in rush to either get some home errand done, or some errands for the kids...when was the last time I met some girlfriends for lunch, went to a library and read in peace, had a meaningful conversation with my friends and for a change it's not about some playground issue, school issue, bus issue! and truly it has been a while...

Why does all this take a backseat? The break I took from work three years ago, was so that I could find time to do all this for myself and be there for the home without a constant struggle! But alas, other things have taken priority and in all that rush, I forgot some of my own agenda!

And so this weekend, I decided to take a stop! Stop thinking about the home (atleast for a while), about what to cook for the next meal and it helped! I managed to get some thoughts in my mind...and felt a lot LIGHTER!

Have told myself that I must do atleast one activity a week that will be just MINE! Be it a movie, a lunch with my friends or my husband, an agenda-less/ errand less shopping trip, a trip to the library, cook something out of the menu for the day! And it was easy! That's all it took to get myself back on the 'original' track!




2 comments:

  1. what ever said and done... what will keep us moving is the smile of our little girls....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pooja- absolutely! I think that stands true for all mothers!

      Delete